Where Can Zinga Be Used?
Zinga has been developed to protect ferrous structures and is used in a wide variety of applications which can be divided into the following:
Repair for worn or damaged hot-dip galvanising or hot metal spray
This is probably the most common use of Zinga as it requires the simplest surface preparation. Zinga’s mechanism of protection is so similar to conventional galvanising that they work in complete unison, as they are merely different forms of zinc. Rather than replace galvanised assets, structures can simple have their protection “re-charged” by applying Zinga to the rough surface of the old galvanising after appropriate decontamination.
Stand alone system
Zinga provides comparable protection to conventional galvanising without the need for topcoats. Although Zinga is only available in grey (the natural colour of zinc) the significant advantage of this form of application is that the Zinga layer can be re-coated at any point in the future with the bare minimum of preparation and without compromising the integrity of the coating (see Re-charging of Zinga). Zinga on its own is often used when specifiers are unable to galvanise because the structure is already in situ or too big for the molten zinc baths. Additionally Zinga is commonly specified on delicate structures (wrought iron gates, sculptures) or when architectural demands require a higher standard of surface finish (no need to drill to de-gas, fettle).
As a primer with suitable topcoats
Not everybody likes the colour grey and with the additional protection of a compatible topcoat the coating durability offered is significantly increased. Zinga does not even have to start actively working until the topcoat has been compromised and with no underlying corrosion creep or rust bubbling the topcoat itself inevitably lasts longer (see Duplex Systems for more detail).
As protection to concrete reinforcement bars (rebars)
Widely used in countries where the available aggregate for concrete can be saline (e.g. Iran , India, Saudi Arabia), Zinganising the steel re-bars before assembly and immersion in concrete ensures vastly increased protection from corrosion without reducing the pull-out strength of the bars. Recent tests in three independent laboratories showed that Zinga had at least twice the corrosion protection of either galvanised or epoxy coated rebars.
ZINGA can be used on welds to ensure a cathodic protection over the entire structure.
- Zinga 1kg£18.90 Exc VATZINGA is a one pack coating that contains 96% zinc in the dry film. 1KG size.
- Zinga 2kg – Cold Galvanising System£37.80 Exc VATZinga is a one pack coating that contains 96% zinc in the dry film. 2KG size.
- Zinga 5kg – Cold Galvanising System£96.13 Exc VATZINGA is a one pack coating that contains 96% zinc in the dry film. 5KG size. PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE ORDERING.
- Zinga 10kg – Cold Galvanising System£192.29 Exc VATZinga is a one pack coating that contains 96% zinc in the dry film. 10kg size. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CARRIAGE RATES BEFORE ORDERING.
- Zinga 25kg – Cold Galvanising System£480.72 Exc VATZinga is a one pack coating that contains 96% zinc in the dry film. 25kg size. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CARRIAGE RATES BEFORE ORDERING.
- Aquazinga 10KG£162.53 Exc VATAquazinga 10KG is a two pack 100% water-based anti-corrosion system. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CARRIAGE RATES BEFORE ORDERING.
- Aquazinga 25kg£406.33 Exc VATAquazinga is a two pack 100% water-based anti-corrosion system.